I – ADMISSION
- Persons of Rajasthan domicile, seeking admission to a course of study in the College of Agriculture should apply online for the state level entrance examination i.e. JET/PrePG/Ph.D test conducted by any one of the Agricultural Universities of Rajasthan. The online application for entrance examination is notified in the month of March-April every year through website, newspapers, circulars etc. However, 15% seats in UG & 25% seats in M.Sc. & Ph.D. programme are filled through AIEEA of ICAR New Delhi and 20 seats in B.Sc. (Hons) Ag. Part-I are filled on the basis of marks secured in XII class.
- Normally the academic session commences from July to June every year and comprises two semesters i.e July to December and January to June.
- Students, whose cases of unfair means in the examinations are pending with university, can be provisionally admitted to the same class provided that, the results committee imposes the penalty of cancelling more than the present examination, the provisional admission will stand cancelled.
- No student shall be entitled to join more than one programme of studies concurrently.
- New admissions at the entrance level of any programme are done at the beginning of each academic session only.
- Admission cannot be claimed by any candidate as a matter of right.
- Applicants who suppress or give wrong information/fact or put forged signature of the parents in the application forms or attach false certificate will forfeit their admission in addition to any other punishment which may be awarded to them.
- Detention of candidate due to shortage of attendance at U.G. level will not be treated as failure for the purpose of re-admission in the institution except for B.Sc. Ag. (Hons.) Pt I where a student if detained due to shortage of attendance, shall have to take fresh admission through J.E.T.
- All admissions are made on the basis of merit in Joint Entrance Test (JET)/Pre P.G./Ph.D. Test. The admission on 20 seats in UG programme is given on the basis of the marks in 12th
- Physically handicapped candidates who apply under reserved quota shall be considered for that category only even if they are eligible for admission in general quota.
- The admission of the students, who are placed on waiting and/or are nominated by any agency, will be done on the promise that the students will be able to complete 75% of the attendance requirement. Otherwise, the admission will be cancelled. No back-log will be carried out to the next examination and the students will have to pass the entrance test afresh to be eligible for admission.
- ADMISSION RESTRICTIONS:
2.1 No candidate against whom an FIR has been lodged by the University or any of the constituent colleges shall be eligible for admission as a regular candidate in any of the University’s constituent colleges.
2.2 Any person who has been convicted of a criminal offence or has been released on bail in connection with criminal offence and against whom the case is pending in a court of law, shall not be eligible for admission as a regular student in any constituent college of the University.
2.3 Any candidate who has indulged in misbehaviour with his teacher or with any authority of the University shall be debarred from seeking admission in any of the University’s constituent college.
- ADMISSION OF FOREIGN STUDENTS:
3.1 Foreign students are normally admitted under the category of ICAR nominee or through a bilateral arrangement with the University, if any.
3.2 No self financing foreign student will be given admission. They shall be supported either by Govt. of India, International Organization and / or their respective Government and approved by Govt. of India (ICAR, Department of Agriculture).
3.3 Foreign students must have a valid passport and visa before they can be given admission.
3.4 They must get themselves registered with the police (C.I.D.) within a fortnight of their arrival at the campus.
3.5 They should also register with the Foreign Students Advisor/ Warden of International hostel in the University.
3.6 All foreign students must get themselves medically checked by the nearest Civil Surgeon/ Surgeon/Supdt. of District Hospital at their own expenses and the certificate in a particular Performa available from the concerned college be submitted before they can be admitted.
3.7 All foreign students (fresh or returning from abroad) must get themselves screened for the AIDS (Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome) at their own cost and submit screening certificate from an authorized Medical Officer before they can be considered for admission to any class.
3.8 If the student is found unfit due to any disease other than AIDS, he/she shall be declared temporarily unfit and can continue studies subject to University regulations. A student with confirmed AIDS disease will have to return to his/her country.
- GENERAL ADMISSION PROCEDURE:
4.1 Admission to B.Sc. (Hons.) Ag., M.Sc. (Ag.) & Ph.D. programme is done through JET/ Pre PG/Ph.D. test conducted by any of the Agricultural Universities of Rajasthan whenever requisitioned through a notification.
4.2 The new applicants shall attach two attested copies of each of the following certificates with the registration form at the time of admission in the college:
(i) Mark sheet/Transcript /PDC of the last qualifying examination.
(ii) Transfer certificate from the Head of the institution last attended.
(iii) Character certificate from the Head of the institution last attended.
(iv) Other relevant documents necessary for claiming reservation, concessions, exemption, experience etc. as required in the application form.
(v) A student migrating from other Universities will submit a migration certificate in original after final confirmation of admission.
(vi) Bonafide domicile certificate, Wards of employees of other State Governments/ State Universities/Central Government but posted in Rajasthan, shall have to produce a certificate from the Head of the Office/Institute to consider his/her domicile status.
(vii) Physical Fitness Certificate from Registered Medical officer/ Jurist.
(viii) Employer’s certificate for wards of Government employees.
4.3 The application incomplete in any respect will not be considered.
4.4 The admitted students will have to submit the original certificates/documents on their joining the institution which may be returned only after two months of submission.
4.5 Admission of in-service candidate of SKRAU, Bikaner/other institutions will be done according to the existing rules of the University.
- RESERVATION AND CONCESSIONS:
There are seats reserved for SC, ST, OBC, EBC, MBC, Physically handicapped/disabled persons and I.C.A.R. nominees in B. Sc. (Hons.)Ag. and M.Sc. (Ag.) programmes as per Govt. of Rajasthan policy. The details of these are provided in the respective application forms.
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION:
6.1. B.Sc. (Hons) Ag. Part -1
Admission to B.Sc. (Hons) Ag. Part-1 is done through Joint Entrance Test (JET) conducted either by the Swami Keshwanand Rajasthan Agricultural University or State Agricultural University of Rajasthan at the time and place notified by the Controller of Examination. The minimum eligibility for a candidate to appear in this test is that the candidate must have passed 12th of the 10+2 (Academic) scheme of examination with Agriculture / Biology/Maths group of the Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan or an Examination declared equivalent to it with prescribed percentage of marks mentioned in the admission notification.
6.2. M.Sc. (Ag.)
Admission to M.Sc. (Ag.) is done through a competitive Pre-PG Test conducted by Swami Keshwanand Rajasthan Agricultural University, Bikaner or State Agricultural University of Rajasthan at the time and place announced by the Controller of Examination. The minimum eligibility for a candidate to appear in this test is that the candidate must have passed B. Sc. (Hons)Ag../ B.Sc.(Ag.) /B.Sc. Hort. examination from any State Agricultural University of Rajasthan or an examination declared equivalent to it with prescribed percentage of marks/O.G.P.A. specified in the notification.
6.3. Ph. D. (COURSE WORK)
Admission to Ph.D. (Ag.) is done through a competitive Ph.D. Test conducted by any State Agricultural University of Rajasthan at the time and place announced by the Controller of Examination. A candidate must have a minimum overall grade point average (OGPA) of 3.2 / 4.0 point scale or 7.0 / 10.0 point scale or 65% marks in aggregate under traditional system at master’s degree level in the concerned subject. .
- PREPARATION OF MERIT LIST
7.1. B.Sc. (Hons) Ag. Part- I
7.1.1 A combined merit list for all the campuses will be prepared in order of merit for each category on the basis of aggregate marks obtained in the JET.
7.1.2 From the combined merit list, the University will assign the applicants to the various colleges which shall not be changed. If the applicant refuses to join the college allotted, his/her admission shall be cancelled.
7.1.3 No transfer of a student shall be permissible during first year.
7.2. M.Sc. (Ag.)
7.2.1 The admission in PG will be done on the basis of marks obtained in Pre P.G. Test.
7.2.2 Candidate eligible for direct admission in Biotechnology on payment seats will be admitted on the basis of the merit list prepared from marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
7.2.3 The admission to the subject and the campus will be done according to the priorities given by the candidates in the choice sheet strictly as per his/her merit.
7.2.4 A Candidate will be considered for admission only in the choice of subjects mentioned in his/her application and according to his/her choice.
7.2.5 In the semester system, registration with late fee will be permitted normally up to one week.
7.2.6 No transfer of a student shall be permissible during first year.
7.3. Ph. D. (With COURSE WORK)
7.3.1 The admission in Ph.D. will be done on the basis of marks obtained in Ph.D. entrance Test.
7.3.2 The admission to the campus will be done according to the priorities given by the candidates in the choice sheet strictly as per his/her merit.
7.3.3 In the semester system, registration with late fee will be permitted normally up to one week.
7.3.4 No transfer of a student shall be permissible during first year.
7.4 Call letters will be issued online to those who stand a chance of admission and they shall be asked to deposit fees by the date and time fixed for the purpose.
7.5 Non deposition of fees on or before due date will automatically cancel his/her admission and next candidate from the merit list will be offered the seat.