LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION AND MANAGEMENT
DEPARTMENT OF LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION AND MANAGEMENT
The Department of Livestock Production and Management was established as part of the College of Agriculture in the university in 2012, previously it was named as Department of Animal Production.This department fulfills the animal husbandry related educational needs of Under-Graduate students of this college.
The Department of Livestock Production and Management will be a centre of excellence in creating, acquiring and disseminating knowledge in the field of animal production,housing and management for sustainable and productive use of livestock for the welfare of mankind.
- To impart high quality education to students with an understanding of and ability to apply fundamental principles of Livestock Production and Management.
- To develop knowledge of animal husbandry including various livestock species viz.cattle,buffalo,sheep, goat and poultry etc.
- To apply this knowledge to advance resource efficient and environmentally sound animal management technologies.
- To offer courses in Livestock Production and Management for undergraduate students of agriculture and other streams.
- To carry out basic and strategic research on Livestock species mainly field studies.
- To disseminate and promote the technologies for sustainable Production and scientific management of Livestock species.
Presently, there are only two faculty members and the areas of specialization of the faculty members are Livestock Production and Management.
List of faculty members
|Dr. N.S Dahiya||Professor & Head|
LABORATORY AND OTHER FACILITIES
There is one laboratory shared with the Department of Biochemistry for carrying out routine animal husbandry related experiments/exercises. The department is having various equipments related to poultry birds and large animals. The construction of animal shed is also there for housing various livestock as demonstration unit for Undergraduate students.